Monday, June 20, 2011

The Ice Cream Van



I am often accused of being anti-religious. While it bothers me to be so-labeled, I can see how such a conclusion arises.

In conversation with a close friend recently, I proffered  the following illustration:

"Imagine an ice cream van, that wanders through the neighbourhood selling ice cream to children. In every sixth ice cream the ice cream man inserts a handful of nails, and as a result, every sixth child dies a painful and slow death.

I protest against this practice vehemently, and society labels me as being 'anti-ice cream van'. How could anybody be against a practice that brings smiles to the faces of so many children?

How is it not obvious to society that I am not against ice cream vans, but against the practice of feeding nails to children?"

No comments:

Post a Comment